Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Well today has been a much better day (so far). Amelia enjoyed her Easter egg hunt. I filled some plastic eggs with stamps, ink, stickers, chapstick, and foam letters. So much better than candy. She spent a good hour quietly playing with her loot rather than eating chocolate and bouncing off the walls. I'm going to continue the tradition of plastic eggs and no chocolate, even when it gets to the point when Amelia can eat sugar again.

Heidi is officially walking now. She took her first steps last week, but they were wobbling, lunging steps. Now she quite confidently walks about 5 steps, stops, continues walking, and then sits down. I guess this means I'll have to talk baby-proofing to the next level.

Heidi is so much fun. She loves playing peek-a-boo... even with Artemis. It's hilarious!

Amelia is verbalizing and using grammar so well suddenly. Today when we were playing "shopping", she said, "I bought that butter yesterday and it said it didn't need to be refrigerated." Huh? Where did you learn that? I find language development so interesting! Obviously, considering my background. She was so slow to start, but she has really advanced over the winter.

So that's it for now. I must get the house organized for tomorrow's Easter dinner and then hopefully I'll have a couple of hours to make some cards or something while Amelia is at Granny's.

No comments:

Post a Comment