Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Monkey!

Three years ago today:

  • my life suddenly and completely changed.
  • instead of discovering how amazing child-birth can be, I discovered my body doesn't work as it's supposed to.
  • I was lying on an operating table, thinking how surreal it all was.
  • at 21:45, I birthed the most beautiful, smart, and spirited baby girl.

Wow, it's been 3 long, wonderful years. I say long, but they've also gone by so quickly too, if that makes any sense at all. We've definitely had our issues (ummm... no sleep, allergies, no sleep, food sensitivities, no sleep), and it's been a difficult road to navigate, but I have grown so much having this little girl in my life. I have had to give up or change so many aspects of my life, but in exchange I got this beautiful child that thinks I am the world. What could be better than that?

So a big happy Birthday to my Monkey! Time sure has flown by. Sniff.

1 comment:

  1. She's definitely the most amazing child that I have had the pleasure of knowing. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete