Monday, January 11, 2010

The songs we sing

I have very little time to post right now, but I wanted to get this down before I forgot.

Being winter, getting out the door with two kids is always a bit chaotic. I sing songs while layering up to keep everyone cheerful. My boot-putting-on-song is "These Boots are Made for Walking", obviously. Now Amelia sings a variation of this tune with her own lyrics. She comes by it honestly since changing lyrics is a favourite pastime in this family, passed down from my Dad to me, and now on to a third generation. Anyway, the best version of this song was sung a couple of days ago in the car. It went like this:

"These cars are made for driving, and that's just what they'll do,
And one of these days these cars are gonna drive all over you."

Kendrick and I both burst out laughing.

As with all kids now a days, "The Wheels on the Bus" is a popular and often-requested tune in our house. Of course, we never stuck with the "original" lyrics of this song either. One of my favourite verses came from Amelia when she was pushing three years old. It was a great closer to the song:

"The lion on the bus goes roar, roar, roar,
Roar, roar, roar.
The lion on the bus goes roar, roar, roar,
And eats all the people."

My kid is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment