Thursday, May 7, 2009

Friends

I've been leaving Heidi and Amelia with my neighbour fairly often lately. I take her daughter once a week while she works, so she's been taking my girls a few hours a week while I do various other things (work, shower, clean, make cards... all the things that are nearly impossible to do with 2 little ones running around). Leaving Heidi is still hard, but she has so much fun over there. She and Sierra are 3 months apart and such good friends. It's so cute to see them together. Sierra gets excited and says: "Heidi, Heidi, Heidi" whenever we she sees her.

Amelia and River, on the other hand, are like brother and sister. They love to play together but get easily frustrated with each other. They both want/need to be in control of what ever game they are playing. I wonder if it's an oldest child thing, or if they are just that similar, personality-wise. Everything I've heard about River as a baby, parallels my experiences with Amelia.

I feel so fortunate to have their family as neighbours. It's strange how people come into your life right about the time you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment